Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Night With Radiohead


Well its taken me 11 years, but I finally achieved one of my life goals; I saw Radiohead live! After a fun and interesting ride from Wilmington to Charlotte with 5 people packed into a Ford Focus, we arrived at our final destination of the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. We found a great seat in the center of the lawn and chatted with friends that we ran into until the show started. A little after 7:30 Liars took the stage. As I listened in a amazement I couldn't remember ever hearing music like the Liars. They were sophisticated yet dark with a intense epic structure to their music. It definitely got my blood flowing and got me ready for Radiohead. After an hour set, Liars stepped off the stage and Radiohead took center stage at around 8:45. Cheers of joy and amazement filled the air as Thom, Ed, Phil, Jonny and Colin made their way on to the stage under the ridiculous light and video setup. What followed would be the single greatest concert experience of my life!

Setlist

1. All I Need
2. There There
3. Airbag
4. 15 Step
5. Nude
6. Sail to the Moon (Which was dedicated to the good people of North Carolina)
7. Weird Fishes/ Arpeggi
8. Myxomatosis
9. Idioteque
10. Morning Bell
11. Videotape
12. Optimistic
13. Where I End and You Begin
14. You and Whose Army?
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Bangers and Mash
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore 1
18. Go Slowly
19. Talk Show Host
20. Exit Music (For A Film)
21. Planet Telex
22. House of Cards

Encore 2
23. Paranoid Android
24. Reckoner

After the nights festivities we headed out with only the memories of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Hopefully it won't be though. If they ever comeback around, you better believe I'm there!


No comments: