Sunday, February 8, 2009

Featured Artist: MGMT


MGMT

I plan on featuring some films and music that I like. I hope enjoy them too.


MGMT consists of the Brooklyn-based duo of Ben Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarde, who are both graduates of Wesleyan University where they originally formed a group called The Management. In 2005 this psychedelic pop duo put out the Time To Pretend EP and toured with Of Montreal, which is when they expanded the group to make the total to five members. They have such hits as Kids, Electric Feel, and the popular Time To Pretend, which was chosen for multiple shows, commercials and video game soundtracks. They worked with Flaming Lips producer Dave Fridmann put out there first LP in 2007 to rave reviews making a few Best Album lists. The title is Oracular Spectacular which I like, however they have a weird album cover that through me for a loop. I really like these guys and I find their unique funkiness intriguing. I can't help but move to the rhythm of their electronic funk. MGMT have also played Coachella, Glastonbury, The Late Show with David Letterman, and are going to be at Bonnaroo this summer. I recommend them for anybody who likes Of Montreal, Justice, or even The Doors, or if they are just looking to have a good time listening to music.  

Songs to check out:
-Kids
-Time to Pretend
-Electric Feel
-The Youth

No comments: