Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Featured Artist: Yeasayer


Yeasayer

Yeasayer is yet another Brooklyn based band that hit the scene back in 2007 with their phenomenal debut album All Hours Cymbals. They describe their music as "Middle Eastern-psych-snap-gospel", which is an awesome genre if I must say. Of course they are the only band I know of that labels their music that way. This may be why they are so damn original. I mean, I cannot figure out another band that influenced them or even sounds like them. The band was originally formed of four Brooklynites - Anand Wilder, Chris Keating, Ira Wolf Tuton, and Luke Fasano. However, since their debut Fasano has left the band. The three Yeasayers continue to tour and the reason I am promoting them now is because they recently announced they will be releasing their sophomore album entitled Odd Blood in February. To be honest I am pumped because these guys are so creative and so talented I could see them blowing people out of the water with this album. I don't want to give it so much hype that it leads to disappointment, but I have to be honest, this could be a mind-blowing album based on the direction they are supposedly taking. Also, the boys contributed to this year's highly successful Dark Was The Night compilation album. Anyways, before February gets here I recommend you listen to All Hours Cymbals on loop a few times through to pre-blow your mind. Just one last thing, Yeasayer preformed a few songs acapella on the French Metro in February 2008 and was filmed by Vincent Moon, who has done take-away videos for Sigur Ros, R.E.M., and Arcade Fire. The link is below.

Yeasayer Acapella Show -
http://www.blogotheque.net/Yeasayer,3966

Songs to Check Out:
-Germs
-Wait For The Summer
-Sunrise
-2080



No comments: